TCL is lastly completed with its first true BlackBerry handset and we’ve to say, it appears even higher than after we first noticed it. Now, that could be a assertion that wants some rationalization, if we ever noticed one.
You see, again at CES 2017, TCL showcased the BlackBerry Mercury – a tool that was within the works as the primary BB to return from the corporate as an official producer for the model. As promised, it’s now two months or so later, and the Mercury is lastly right here, solely its DTEK70 and Mercury monikers have been changed with KEYone.
The machine marks a veritable milestone within the historical past on the legendary Canadian model, because it charts out a transparent return to core BlackBerry roots and market rules. This comes as an actual breath of contemporary air to all BB followers, after the considerably disappointing DTEK50 and DTEK60 set a short and reasonably bleak tone of re-branding Alcatel models. The KEYone is a correct BlackBerry if we ever noticed one, however this isn’t the primary time we get to spend a while with the unit and reminisce about its which means for the model future. Again at CES 2017, we did get some hands-on time with the then Mercury and shared our enthusiastic first impressions.
Nevertheless, now the smoke has cleared, and we are able to lastly revisit the KEYone in all its BB glory, armed with an official specs sheet and all the opposite particulars that had been omitted on the Las Vegas venue.
- 149 x 72.Four x 9.4mm, with an anodized aluminum body and soft-touch cloth on the again
- Four.5-inch, 1620×1080 pixel, IPS LCD touchscreen show; 434 ppi; Gorilla Glass Four safety
- Capacitive contact Four-row BlackBerry QWERTY keyboard; Fingerprint reader within the area button and 52 key shortcut assist
- Stereo audio system; three.5mm audio jack
- Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 (Octa-core 2.zero GHz Cortex-A53); Adreno 506; 3GB RAM
- 32GB on-board storage; microSD card slot
- 12 MP, f/2.zero, 1.55 um, section detection autofocus, dual-LED (twin tone) flash; 4K@30fps video recording
- 8MP, 1.125 um, 84 diploma extensive selfie digicam
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat with DTEK and BlackBerry software program suite
- three,505 mAh battery; Fast Cost three.zero
- Cat. 9 LTE assist; Twin-band 802.11 a/g/b/n/ac; Bluetooth Four.2; GPS; NFC; FM Radio; USB Kind-C with OTG
Sadly, sure rumors of a strong Snapdragon 821 coronary heart did not grow to be a actuality. However even armed with its power-efficient, 14nm Snapdragon 625, the BlackBerry KEYone nonetheless has quite a bit to impress with and stands out in a sea of bland Android gives.
It could possibly be the normal keyboard and touchscreen setup or longstanding emphasis on safety and enterprise pedigree, however we’re merely positive that the KEYone will handle to appeal fairly just a few individuals. Nonetheless, a price ticket of EUR 599 is a bit onerous to swallow, and the KEYone higher discover just a few good methods to impress for that sort of money.