HMD introduced a bunch of units at IFA 2019 – two nostalgia-infused function telephones and two Android One-powered midrange smartphones – the Nokia 7.2 and 6.2. We already explored the 7.2 intimately and now it is time for the Nokia 6.2 to step into the limelight.
The Nokia 6.2 is a less expensive different to the Nokia 7.2. It has the identical giant display screen with HDR10 assist and the triple-camera setup, however its extra inexpensive owing to downgrades of the chipset and the selfie digital camera.
The Nokia 6.2 is a pleasant trying glass telephone with a 6.three” PureDisplay – which means an IPS LCD display screen of 1080p+ decision with HDR10 assist. It has an 8MP selfie shooter inside its droplet-shaped notch, whereas the triple digital camera on the again is much like the Nokia 7.’s common/ultrawide/depth combo, although the first sensor has modified. The battery stays the identical at three,500 mAh capability, and so is the working system. It is Android 9 Pie and the telephone is a part of the Android One program which suggests inventory trying UI and a comparatively quick observe for updates.
The Snapdragon 636 chipset might be the largest letdown throughout the Nokia 6.2 – it replaces the 660 mannequin we noticed on the Nokia 7.2 – additionally not preferrred, however nonetheless fairly highly effective. The 636 SoC is constructed on an older manufacturing course of and was already feeble when it bought out two years in the past so we’re not too optimistic.
Nokia 6.2 specs
- Physique: Gorilla Glass three back and front; Ceramic Black or Ice shade schemes.
- Display: 6.three” FullHD+ LCD, PureDisplay, waterdrop notch, HDR10.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 636 (14nm): Octa-core CPI – 4×1.eight GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.6 GHz Kryo 260 Silver; Adreno 509 GPU.
- Reminiscence: three/4GB RAM, 32/64/128GB storage, devoted microSD slot.
- OS: Android 9.zero Pie; Android One.
- Rear digital camera: Most important: 16MP, f/1.eight. Extremely-wide: 8MP, f/2.2, 118-degree FoV. Depth sensor: 5MP. LED flash.
- Entrance digital camera: 8MP, f/2.zero.
- Battery: three,500mAh, 5V/2A charging.
- Misc: USB-C, three.5mm jack, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, 2 mics, FM radio, Google Assistant button, notification LED on the ability key.
The Nokia 6.2 is trying actually good despite the Snapdragon 636 considerations and we’re more than pleased to present it a good combating probability.
Unboxing the Nokia 6.2
The Nokia 6.2 is available in a fairly giant paper field and its bundle incorporates a 10W charger, a USB-C cable, and a cheap-looking plastic headphones with a mic.
There isn’t a silicone case contained in the field, and you aren’t getting a pre-applied display screen protector both.