It wasn’t with a lot pleasure that we met the reveal of the Pixel four duo – Google’s lack of effort to comprise early leaks meant that not solely had been the specs unremarkable, however we additionally knew them upfront. We already had the 4 XL for review and now we have greater than a basic concept of this gen’s execs and cons, however now we got down to uncover how the small Pixel four performs and the way it stands within the context of its personal particular rivals.
The Pixel four is basically the identical cellphone because the four XL, solely scaled down in a few methods – show and battery. The place the XL packs a 6.Three-inch QHD+ panel, the small cellphone stays at 5.7 inches (FullHD+ decision, however that is positive at this measurement). Each are OLEDs too. Then there’s battery – if the XL’s Three,700mAh capability sounded on the meh facet of okay, the two,800mAh determine within the Pixel four specsheet is downright worrisome.
The remaining is all the identical. The soon-to-be-replaced springtime Qualcomm top-dog of a chipset, the bottom quantity of RAM of any present flagship, with low base storage and low most storage – it positive sounds precisely like Google’s means of doing telephones. That additionally means Android 10 in a taste nobody else has and if you happen to’re a Pixel, you clearly take pleasure in that.
This era of Pixels include radar-based Movement Sense for gestures and a entrance ToF digicam for 3D depth mapping, however is lacking a fingerprint reader of any kind. It is obtained no extremely wide-angle digicam both, however conversely, the small Pixel is without doubt one of the extra inexpensive methods to get a telephoto from one of many large names – neither the iPhone 11 nor the Galaxy S10e has one.
Google Pixel four specs
- Physique: Texture-coated aluminum body; Gorilla Glass 5 again (comfortable texture on the Clearly White and Oh So Orange coloration schemes, shiny on the Simply Black); 147.1×68.8×8.2mm, 162g.
- Display screen: 5.7″ P-OLED show, 90Hz variable refresh price, 1080x2280px (~444ppi), 19:9 ratio, Gorilla Glass 5.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, octa-core CPU (1×2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 + 4×1.78GHz Kryo 485); Adreno 640 GPU.
- Reminiscence: 6GB RAM; 64/128GB storage, non-expandable.
- OS: Android 10.
- Cameras: Essential: 12.2MP, 1.4µm pixel measurement, 28mm equiv. focal size, f/1.7 aperture, twin pixel PDAF, OIS; Telephoto: 16MP, 1.0µm, 45mm, f/2.four, PDAF, OIS; LED flash; Nigh Sight; Stay HDR viewfinder; Tremendous Res Zoom; Video recording – 720p @ 240 fps, 1080p @ 120 fps, 2160p @ 30 fps.
- Selfie cam: 8MP, 1.22µm, 22mm, f/2.zero; ToF 3D sensor.
- Battery: 2,800mAh Li-Po; 18W USB Energy Supply charging; 11W Qi wi-fi charging.
- Connectivity: Nano SIM + eSIM; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 5.zero + LE; NFC; Wi-Fi direct; GPS, Galilleo, GLONASS.
- Misc: Face unlock; radar-based Movement Sense; stereo loudspeakers.
Google Pixel four unboxing
The Pixel four that arrived at headquarters has a extra standard bundle with the cellphone printed on it versus the colourful ‘P four’ markings on our US-bound XL unit. The contents are all the identical, nonetheless.
You are getting an 18W USB Energy Supply adaptor, primarily the identical one which shipped with the unique Pixel (1), and a USB-C-to-C cable to go along with it. There’s additionally a USB-C-to-A adapter for plugging in thumb drives. There isn’t a USB-C-to-Three.5mm dongle, so if you wish to hook up standard wired headphones, you’d want to supply your individual. And, talking of headphones, there are no within the field.